Let civility reign!

Civility ~ Let us consider this, before we speak or act.

Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Childhood Memory I

 I have a pretty good memory. I often think back to my childhood years with a smile. They say you make hardwired memories when you focus on the scenario at hand. I don’t know if kids in general lock into a lot of scenarios or if I purposely did that? Either way, I’m very grateful for my memories. 

Let me start by saying, I was born in the same town I was raised in. My youngest memories all start in the home where I lived from birth to 15. Had my parents not divorced I would have many additional years of memories there, memories my older sister had the privilege of enjoying. 

You may be stopping to ponder the privilege I spoke of when I couple that with divorce (?)  Well, as strange as this may sound, my parents were happy most of the time and excellent parents at that. Just saying that puts my mind into full on remembrance mode because all the family fun just came rushing back  

As a child my parents were anything but boring. No no, they were active people and we in-turn, were active kids. 

As a family we loved to go for bike rides. 🚲 and 

from what I’m told, we tent camped together. ⛺️ That, I was too little to remember but I do remember our pop-up camping trips and our travel trailer trips too. Many campfires, walks with our dogs Summer or Katie. We sailed ⛵️ together as a family, went 🎣 fishing together in our canoe 🛶. We went sledding together 🛷 down the hill behind our house known as Tidal Wave 🌊 We hiked, picked strawberries and blueberries. We went on church camp outs and worked in our garden together. Plus, my dad was always tinkering with stuff, making stuff for my sister and me. He loved to take us to a store called Whitmark :-) We often went out to dinner for Chinese food or Pizza Hut 🍕 for the original Pan-Pan. Or Ponderosa for steak and mushrooms 😊 of course that’s before my dad became a vegetarian 🤦‍♀️  and while we were young. He built us a tree house on stilts, a go-cart, and bought us fun toys constantly  He surprised us often with gifts and trips  He and my mom were so active!! So happy and so cute! Unless of course they were in an argument .... 

I always loved watching them play golf ⛳️ together. I loved watching them play tennis 🎾  against one another down at Hemlock Park or seeing them get all bundled up in their winter clothes and go for walks in the snow. 

I think this might be an on-going series for me, talking about a memory or two and putting it to paper or Blog 😆😊 One day, my memory may fail me. If it does, at least I’ll have these posts to refer to. Maybe my kids will enjoy revisiting my memories? Or maybe,.... possibly,.... grandkids would enjoy reading my memories? Who knows. If they interest you or intrigue you, stay tuned  😊 If not,... travel on with my best wishes. 🌹



No comments:

Post a Comment